As a regular Facebook user and blogger I have recently come across and started using the new Blog Networks.
Blog Networks is a new application for reading, rating and finding other people who enjoy the same blogs, all within Facebook.
The purpose of this post is to introduce it and show some of the features and provide a very quick walkthrough including a screenshot.
Here is what you can do as shown in the Screenshot above.
- Search for blogs
- View the Top Blogs of the Network
- Browse blogs by category such as Technology, Politics, etc
- You can give 5 different tags to your
- Add a description of your blog
- Add selected content
- You have a wall for others to post something
- People can rate your blog. 1 Rubbish up to 5 Excellent.
- If people go to your profile they will see that there is a box with your blog network details.
- You can promote your blog by inviting friends
- Get a widget that you can put on your blog asking your readers to join your network. See widget below.
All in all I think this Blog Networks is a good addition to Facebook and I hope that this application will be a key feature of the “New” on Facebook. And for bloggers this new application is another great tool to promote their message and to get the word out. The application still needs improvement but that will come once it is successful enough in my opinion.
So thumbs up for “Blog Networks”!